UL142 listed tanks are available in carbon steel or stainless steel with single wall and double wall configurations. Each style tank may be fabricated cylindrical or rectangular, horizontal or vertical, with or without multiple compartments. UL142 tanks are intended for installation and use in accordance with the Flammable and Combustible Liquids Code NFPA 30.
F921 is a Steel Tank Institute technology for aboveground storage tanks and is manufactured with a double wall steel design that meets UL142 Standard for Steel Aboveground Tanks for Flammable and Combustible liquids. Standard features include a built in, testable interstitial monitoring capability and permeable secondary containment. The F921 design assures you uncompromised performance, reliability, service and economy.
F921 Guideline Specification
- A) General
- Provide F921® double-wall steel aboveground storage tanks.
- B) Labeling
- Tanks shall bear the Steel Tank Institute F921® Double-Wall Aboveground Storage Tank identification label.
- C) Product Description
- Tanks shall be manufactured in accordance with Steel Tank Institute F921®, Standard for Double-Wall Aboveground Storage Tanks.
- Aboveground tank primary and secondary containment (inner and outer walls) shall be manufactured in accordance and listed with Underwriters Laboratories UL 142, Standard for Steel Aboveground Tanks for Flammable and Combustible Liquids.
- Tanks shall be double-wall with a steel inner wall for primary containment and provide integral secondary containment by an impervious steel outer wall.
- Integral secondary containment shall be testable and provide access for interstitial leak detection monitoring.
- Listed supports shall be used for all horizontal, rectangular and vertical double-wall tanks. Supports are designed for seismic loading, if neccessary.
- D) Manufacturer
- Manufacturer shall be a licensed member company of the Steel Tank Institute and subject to Steel Tank Institute’s Quality Assurance program.
Both the UL142 and the F921 tank can be compartmentalized for multiple fuels or chemicals by incorporating either a single or double bulkhead. STAFCO can also supply your tank with a custom exterior paint, product specific interior lining and equipment necessary to put your new tank into service efficiently.
Safe fuel storage is important for environmental protection, to help reduce and control business insurance premiums, to protect your investment in the product stored, and to ensure that the stored product is there when you need it for whatever process it is used in. With today’s rising fuel prices and environmental regulations, you want to know that your fuel storage tank is safe and sufficient with regard to EPA and other ruling jurisdictions.
Contact us today to discuss your UL142 and F921 tank needs.